Partners: EUROCONTROL Experimental Centre, M&P Consulting, Janicke Consulting, Brunel University, Technische Universität München, Bucharest Henri Coanda Airport, Lyon Saint Exupery Airport, Warsaw F. Chopin Airport, Zurich Airport (UNIQUE)
Links: ALAQS EUROCONTROL website, ALAQS-AV Model Description
The objectives of the ALAQS consortium were to promote best-practices to estimate airport related emissions and concentrations. The ALAQS project involved developing the ALAQS-AV tool, an aircraft movement driven air quality model for airports considering all the types of emissions sources: runways, taxiways, roadways, gate equipment, stationary sources, etc.
ENVISA’s main tasks were to:
- develop and test ALAQS-AV
- integrate the outputs of emission inventories into various dispersion models (Gaussian, Lagrangian)
- provide training and support to users
- assemble emission inventories at airports
- run emission and concentration studies (including sensitivity tests)
- present the project’s results at various conferences worldwide.